What’s better than beer? What’s better than icecream? Beer icecream!
This hot weather has been the perfect excuse to try out something I’ve wanted to do for a while. Make beer icecream! So, I bought some cream, some chocolate chips and cracked open a fresh bottle of BrewSmith Chocolate Paradise Porter. Voila!
My icecream maker didn’t do the best job of freezing the icecream so in the end, I gave up and just threw it in the freezer. Despite it being a bit frosty, it’s still quite delicious. It’s sweet and beery and great on a hot day. It also has a small alcohol content so make sure you don’t have 10 tubs of it!
500ml thickened cream
¾ cup sugar
1 packet of chocolate chips (I used Cadbury’s Baking Chips)
A bottle of dark beer (think Porter or Stout)
- Heat the cream in a saucepan over medium-low heat until it starts to bubble
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the chocolate and sugar until melted
- Slowly stir in the dark beer
- Cover and stick in the fridge until completely cooled
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to directions until it reaches soft consistency
- Transfer ice cream to a plastic container; cover surface with plastic wrap and seal.
- For best results, ice cream should remain in freezer for at least 2 hours or overnight (if you can wait that long)!