- Venue: BrewSmith HQ via McCoppins Richmond
- Abita’s Page on Turbodog
- Price: $3.99
- ABV: 5.6%
- Ideal time and place: A crisp Autumn morning brunch. That sounds a bit poncy but that’s the best I can come up with.
- Goes great with a club sandwich. Extra bacon, please.
Two Best Things About This Beer:
- A schizophrenic beer that just works: floral hops and a roasty grain flavour that work well together.
- Very refreshing.
Two Weaknesses of This Beer:
- There should be a nuclear-powered imperial version of this.
- It’s hard to find. I’ve not seen it anywhere except recently.
It’s a brown ale that reminds me of a pilsner. Sweet slightly grainy, but a bit of chocolate out back and herbally florally taste up front. Really refreshing, not too thick. These hybrid styles are slowly getting better for example, Moo Brew’s Belgo Belgian Pale Ale? Not so good, but Raging Flem, a Belgian IPA? Surprisingly tasty.
Anyways, this beer isn’t as extreme as those two, but it’s definitely an interesting mix of flavours you’re not expecting. It’s a porter hybrid that doesn’t taste watered down.
I give it two thumbs up.