Yes, that’s right. An African saison with tea. Ok, let’s dive in.
- Venue: BrewSmith HQ via McCoppins, Richmond
- No Website. Here’s their Untappd Page
- Price: $8.5
- ABV: 6.5%
- Ideal time and place: Drinking an afternoon cocktail at a trashy beachfront bar. This would be a great palate balancer.
- Goes great with: fish/shrimp/prawn tacos.
Two Best Things About This Beer:
- Very sour (if you’re into that kind of thing)
- Light spiciness and fruity funky smell (again, if you’re into that kind of thing)
- It’s not very balanced. There’s little flavor to balance the sour, and it’s way over carbonated (see photo)
- Where’s the tea? I looked really hard with my tongue but couldn’t find it. Maybe it’s tea that tastes like beer? I’ve never had rooibos tea before.
One thumb up. But I wouldn’t buy it again, nor bother going out of my way to find it.