Namibian beer, eh? Why not…
- Venue: BrewSmith HQ, via McCoppins, Richmond
- Cameltorn Brewery’s Website – Oddly, there’s no mention of this beer
- Price: $8.99
- ABV: 6%
- Ideal time and place: Hiding from your parents and drinking behind the shed.
- Goes great with: Nandos? Or something spicy.
Two Best Things About This Beer:
- Very bold – dark malts and sourness
- Has a surprising amount of body
- It’s way too sour and explosively carbonated.
- No flavour from the yeast. That’s what German style dark wheat beers are supposed to be all about. I don’t get it…what happened here?
Yes it’s bold (it blows up in your face), yes it’s sour, but it’s not a nice beer. It reminds me of the one and only homebrew I had to pour out. Bittersweet, and not quite thought through.
No thumbs up for this one.