- Venue: BrewSmith HQ – via McCoppin’s Richmond (I think)
- Beer Advocate’s Page on the Beer
- Price: $Free! I found it lost among some cartons here at BrewSmithHQ
- ABV: 6.6%
- Ideal time and place: On an acid trip in a Mexican market.
- Goes great with: Goes with steak tacos or chipotle pork, maybe a Beerspresso or even a normal cafe espresso would accompany it quite well.
Two Best Things about this Beer:
- Big bold and really complex
- Avocado leaves! Seriously!
Two weaknesses of this beer:
- It could be a bit bigger
- That’s all I could come up with
Pours some of the strongest head I’ve ever seen; you can eat it as if it were whipped cream. Take a look at the picture, the head doesn’t reduce, it starts slowly dissolving like a chunk of moon-rock that’s been dipped in acid. But I mean that in a delicious way. It’s a zingy treat on top of your beer, and who could complain? Smells exceedingly earthy and bread-yeasty. Tastes very herbal/earthy/black beany. There’s a bit of heat and you’ll definitely taste some smoke. A sweet chocolate taste comes through nicely as well. A tiny bit of heat finishes out the beer.
It’s as well rounded as a bean!
Three Thumbs Up!