- Venue: BrewSmith HQ – via McCoppin’s Richmond
- William’s Brothers Brewing Page on the Beer
- Price: $5.99
- ABV: 6.5%
- Ideal time and place: Performing a druid ritual or something.
- Goes great with: A blood pudding.
Two Best Things about this Beer:
- The sweet starchiness of the elderberry. It’s subtle, but if you’ve tasted elderberry before, you’ll taste it here.
- So so smooth. It’s almost ephemeral.
Two weaknesses of this beer:
- Surprisingly thin body
- Not much aroma to enjoy
This very soft dark ale is 6.5% but mysteriously smooth. Only a hint of dark roasted flavour, it’s mostly mild and the flavour fades away like a night-time mist. Cue spooky music.
One thumb up. Give it a try, it’s an interesting use of elderberry.